Vickie Harshbarger, Mosaic, was presented with the Ambassador of the Year award at the 2017 Annual Banquet. Vickie went above and beyond the Ambassador expectations throughout the year helping the Chamber achieve its goals. She is shown here receiving the award from Chamber President, Myca Bunch.
This committee acts as the goodwill arm of the Chamber and makes personal contact with Chamber members, asking for their opinions about Chamber programs and current business trends.
Goals of this committee are:
- Assist with implementation of the Chamber Banquet.
- Assist with the Chamber Golf Tournament.
- Attend and assist monthly Membership Breakfasts.
- Attend Business After Hour events.
- Develop Ambassadors guidelines.
- Participate in the Meals on Wheels program.
- Promote the Chamber and all its activities.
- Represent the Chamber at ribbon cuttings, ground breaking ceremonies and other public functions.
- Strive to visit every active member within 24 months.
- Encourage members to attend Chamber activities.
- Solicit suggestions for improvement for business in general, for their business in particular, and for the quality of life in the Finney County area.
Become an Ambassador
The Ambassadors are the premier group of the Chamber. Membership is by nomination and approval only and requirements are for entry and longevity are strict. It is an HONOR and a PRIVILEGE to be Garden City Chamber of Commerce Ambassador.
Benefits of Being An Ambassador
Personal contact with business owners/managers
Public exposure for you and your business
Meeting with new people in town
Provide invaluable service to the Chamber
Fellowship with other community-minded (FUN) people like you
Help provide revenue to keep the Chamber financially sound for the future